Monday, September 28, 2009

Overwhelmed and ocupadísima

Some of my fellow twitterers and bloggers (who happen to be educators) have posted "I'm still here!" updates. It seems September has brought its customary rushing around to many folks, me included.

It is comforting, in a way, to know I'm not the only one with an over-heaped plate. That doesn't help me with my to-do list, though. Someone mentioned "mapping out" what one has to do, before setting out to do it all. That's exactly the habit I need to develop. I'm known for signing up for more work - chairing committees, organizing events, writing articles, presenting workshops, starting up new projects - only to become flustered when I can't get to everything properly.

Before the piles of paper get too high, before the projects become too numerous to keep track of, before I fall behind in my work and start making mistakes, and before I lose sight of the fact that I am a wife and mother first - I have to sit down and take a look at everything I've committed myself to. I'm not one to drop what I can't do. I just have to do a better job of managing everything.

So, I want my readers to know - I'm still here, bear with me please. I'll soon get everything under control and will get back to blogging regularly.

4 comments:

campbele said...

Now notice that in your list of what you need to remember (mom, wife) you didn't say 'blogger'. I really did miss you, but you take care of yourself and the people who really matter!!

John Spencer said...

Glad to see you're still here. I'll look forward to new posts. :)

RosalindawithDT said...

Hola, I'm looking for other Hispanics too! We found each other!
Rosalinda Vargas
Loma Linda, CA
www.discoverytoyslink.com/rosalinda

WideEyedWonder said...

That's exactly how I feel! Though I will say that I took a much longer break than I planned to. I would like to apologize SO MUCH for not getting back to you about being pen pals. I just saw that you wrote me quite a while ago about that and with the start of my new job I've been so negligent about checking on things over here.

If the offer is still good, however, I know my students would LOVE it. I don't know the details, but if you'd like to contact me at widieyedwonder @ gmail.com with more information I'd love to get our students involved with writing to each other (I currently have 12 students). That would be a great experience for them!

Thanks for thinking of us and again, I'm so sorry for the late reply!!!